Go to content


About us

Scoil an Chroí Ró Naofa was founded in 1977, when the houses in Killinarden Estate were built. As the school 's enrolment grew it was split into two separate schools in 1980. Building work continued towards the south and east forming Cushlawn, Donomore and Killinarden Heights. More houses and apartments were added in the last few years. The school now has about 340 boys and girls, from Early Startand Junior Infants to Second Class

Looking back- Killinarden in the Past

Maps from South Dublin County Council web site show Killinarden(Whitestown) and Tallaght at different times, back to 1760 -250 years ago.

Maps link to SDCC website Mapping South Counting Dublin in time

Deserted Farmhouse, Killinarden, Co. Dublin

Painted by Maurice McGonigle in 1978

Malachi Horan who lived on Killinarden Hill from 1847 to 1945.
He wrote about folklore and stories of the area in a book called
Malachi Horan Remembers

Home Page | About us | School Events | Our Work | Green School | Active School | Healthy School | Early Start | Parents | Links | Archive | Site Map

Back to content | Back to main menu